Thursday, May 27, 2021

Edu Protocols (The Fast and the Curious)

When is a good time to try something new?  Some might argue never (or seldom) but I would argue this is the perfect time of the year to try something new.  Not only do students (and teachers) need a break from the routine but September is almost around the corner.  I would rather try something new now while there is still time to tweak it to meet my students' needs.


With that in mind, I’m re-reading a book I purchased last summer ( EduProtocol - Field Guide Book 1).  Don’t let the word protocol scare you.  Protocols are lessons or frames (processes, let’s say) that once you and your students learn the process (or protocol), you can substitute content to create another experience.  Think of protocols as frames- you don’t need to purchase a new frame every time you want to change the picture.


I bet there are already protocols you use in your class today. I know there were in my class- but these protocols didn’t always have the 4 Cs in mind ( Communication, Collaboration, Critical Thinking, and Creativity).


So are you ready to try an EduProtocol?  The one that caught my eye is the Fast and the Curious. This is a fast-paced method to help students learn vocabulary words. Here is an overview in slide format.  Every day the students play an online quiz ( I would suggest Quizizz) and you review and track their overall progress. Would you rather have a video description? Here are more Wakelet resources (EduProtocols Wakelet Fast and Curious Wakelet )


I would love to try this with you and your students- just reach out to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment