Saturday, January 23, 2021

From a Class Roster to Slides




Alice Keeler created a Google sheet Add-On (you need to access it from the template in the post here) that will create a slide deck with a student name followed by a blank slide (a place for them to work and create).


This helped solve one of my student collaboration issues.  I want the class to work together but not on each other’s slides.  So rather than me typing in their names, this Add-On will automatically create the slide deck!  Not only will this work for whole-class activities ( I’m doing one on Wednesday where the students are going to add their images) but think how useful it could be for group projects?


(Follow up note- this did work well for the students- it was a little slow to load. Next time I will have them open first and allow time for instructions. I did have a few students try to edit a classmate's slide. This is a challenge in remote instruction. I don't think I would have had as many issues if I had been able to work around the class!)


No comments:

Post a Comment