Thursday, September 24, 2020

Jamboard and the math lesson


Dawn Schwartz shared her recent experience using Jamboard to teach her online math lesson.


This is for my math lessons.  In Jamboard, I am using the snipping tool and cutting and pasting the parts of the workbook that I want to teach.  I am then adding them to jamboard slides.  I make two copies of the lesson, one to use with each class, so that the responses and notes we make during the lesson will always be there for the students to refer to.


Then I post the link for the Jamboard to my google classroom, and they use that and their workbooks throughout the lesson.  The laser tool is great...it directs their attention to what I want them to look at, I can type notes for them to write down.  Then I give them three or four problems to do in their workbooks, and then ask them to post all four answers on a sticky note with their names...very important, BTW...make sure they write their names on the note!  You can also make a game out of it and have them all post at the same time if you are worried about students just copying answers.


Then I move the notes around based on correct and incorrect answers.....and that is how I can tell who I need to work with.


No comments:

Post a Comment