Discovery Education has provided a curated list of updates below, which includes links to relevant resources and virtual events available within our current DE Streaming subscription. If you are having trouble logging in, contact DE Customer Support: 800-323-9084 ext 1.
o Shmoop Learning Guide for Uncle Tom's Cabin - A lively learning guide to support educators in crafting engaging lessons around literary content.
o Picture It! Instructional Strategy with Historical Images - Using these historical images, this strategy encourages students to collaborate and make evidence-supported connections using a large amount of information.
· Tundra Connections: Arctic ABC's - Feature animals and information specific to the Arctic, also discussing the type of education required to become a biologist and work with polar bears.
· Econ Essentials Learning Modules - These interactive modules can integrate seamlessly into the classroom as an introduction to basic economic concepts or a reinforcement of lessons already presented.
· Navy STEM Lesson Plans - DE and the US Navy present a series of interactive lesson plans specifically designed to explore new ideas from the physics of flight to the engineering of future ships.
Professional Learning Opportunities:
· Educator Essentials: Whether brand new to Discovery Education, looking for a refresher, or ready to recommit to digital integration, this curated content is essential to launching or continuing your Discovery Education journey.
Upcoming Monthly Virtual Experiences:
· Live NFL Experience at Super Bowl 51 - January 31st - Go on a Virtual Field Trip with the National Football League and the American Heart Association to learn how easy and fun it is to get active and heart healthy.
· President's Day Virtual Viewing Party - February 17th - In celebration of the great leaders of our nation, join us for an interactive experience looking at the contributions of two of America's greatest presidents, George Washington and Abraham Lincoln.
· Pi Day Virtual Experience - March 14th - Join us to celebrate the mathematical constant Pi and learn more about its significance in mathematical research, and its everyday applications.