Tuesday, May 1, 2018

HyperDocs and #BookSnap



In my email this morning, I found a message from Shake Up Learning
as well as link to an extraordinary hyperdoc (this Google Slide
set works it way through a novel along with many student learning activities
along the way.)  You can click here to see her post and make a copy

But in the process, I came across the concept #BookSnap. (Now, when
I did some research, I realized Tara Martin has been promoting this concept
(with a wide variety of tools) for several years- so I apologize for being late to
the party!).  So what’s a #booksnap? Here are Tara’s words “ However, the idea in
my mind was to create a digital visual representation of the text along with the
annotation”. So image a quotation from a book along with information on how the
reader feels.  For more information, please see her blog post here.    Want to see
her tell her story?  You can access her ISTE talk last year here.

While she started with Snapchat, she has expanded  to a variety of tools (SeeSaw,
Google Slides and Drawings).  I just watched the Google Slides and Google Drawing
videos.  And #Booksnaps are not just for books- you can find examples in many content
areas.  You can find resources and samples on Tara’s website.

I’ve deliberately chosen not to include an image- search on Google or Twitter
for samples.Or better yet- have your students make their own!

No comments:

Post a Comment