Thursday, May 17, 2018

VR Tour Creator and Tour Builder



Last week, Google rolled out  VR Tour Creator.  Now you and your students can
create 360 tours! (Similar to Google Expeditions).  These can be viewed on a mobile
device or in a browser. Here’s a post from Richard Byrne with the basic directions
and I’ve developed step by step directions here.


This has prompted (at least on my end) more interest in Google Tour Builder.  
I’ve just revised my directions.


Which one to use?  Well, it depends what you want to achieve. If you are looking
for a more interactive view (without maps), then Tour Creator will allow you to add
locations, points of interest (images only), and some text. You are sometimes
limited to the number of 360 images.  Here’s a sample one I created.

If you are looking to tell a story (and add videos as well as images) and the map
feature is important, I would go with Tour Builder. Here’s a sample.

No comments:

Post a Comment